Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: How many stops?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member 8th Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2001
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How many stops is a ND6 filter worth? I keep thinking it's two but I don't know.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Inactive Member technicolour's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2001
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've found out that a 0.6 ND filter reduces light by two stops. I dont know if thats the same as an ND6 filter, anyone got some sort of conversion table?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member lightfeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 28th, 2002
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ND.1 = 1/3 of a stop.

    These filters generaly come as:

    .3 = 1 stop
    .6 = 2 stops
    .9 = 3 stops

    ....so yes Technicolour, it's 2 stops.

    By the way, Technicolour, you are spelled the English English way, not the American English way that the filmstock always was - is this an act of linguistic defiance, or what? [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Lucas

  4. #4
    Inactive Member technicolour's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2001
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by lightfeat:

    By the way, Technicolour, you are spelled the English English way, not the American English way that the filmstock always was - is this an act of linguistic defiance, or what? [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Lucas
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I know, and I find it strange that none of our American freinds have ever quizzed me about this! To be honest I can't remember why I spelt colour the English way (whoops..nearly said the proper way!)

    I reckon it was half linguistic defiance, and half habit of spelling colour the English English way! As it happens I regret not spelling it Technicolor, but that would mean creating a new account [img]frown.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Mike Buckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I liked the name (technicolour) the way it is. I figured since you were from the U.K., you spelled it that way to identify your film name with your location.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •